1. About Us
This website www.countrycastbaths.co.uk is owned and operated by
Country Cast Baths Ltd
Hutton Village Road
VAT Number: 124 6775 04
Registered in England 06983947
Tel: 01287 550295
If you need to contact us please use the details above.
2. Make a contract with us
- When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
- Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us. If your email address has been entered incorrectly we will contact you via post to the delivery address given on your order.
- In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract between us. Any money paid to us will be refunded.
- Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods. Whilst goods may be shown assembled they may require assembly by you. Clawfoot baths will require you to fit the feet. Each clawfoot has a letter, to ensure correct fitting, make sure the letter matches the letter on the bath base. There are four levelling pads on the pedestal base and for certain baths, one on each claw foot. These should be adjusted accordingly to allow the bath to sit perfectly level on the floor.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
- Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
- This contract is covered by English law.
3. How to place order
- You can use our website to place an order by selecting the product you wish to buy and adding it to your basket. Items you do not require can be removed from your basket at any time. If you prefer to order by telephone you can do so by calling 01287 550295.
- Carriage charges will be shown prior to you placing your order.
- You will be required to pay for the goods in full at the time of ordering.
- We use secure payment facilities for online purchases. You can pay for your order by Visa, Mastercard or Delta/Connect.
- Promotional prices only apply during the period stated.
- All prices quoted on our website are in UK pounds and include Value Added Tax at the current rate.
- Once your order has been confirmed, changes may not be possible or may incur additional charges or delays.
- Once your order is complete we will notify you of the dispatch date.
4. Delivery & Carriage Charges
- Goods will normally be dispatched from our warehouse within 5 working days and any estimated dispatch date is an estimate, which can change without notice.
- We will normally deliver goods within 2-3 working days of dispatch. Unless mutually agreed goods will be delivered no later than 30 days from the day after the contract is made.
- Your order may arrive in more than one delivery.
- We can deliver anywhere in Great Britain and Republic of Ireland.
- We will deliver the goods to the premises you specify on your order. You must be at home to accept delivery of your order, which is normally between 9:00am and 6:00pm Monday-Friday. We will not accept responsibility for loss or damage if you instruct the delivery company to leave the goods unattended.
- The bath will be brought as close to your home using a hand pallet truck as possible.The pallet truck can only move over level surfaces and cannot be pulled up a kerb or pulled over a gravel drive. If you do not have a dropped kerb outside your home the driver may have to leave your bath on the roadside. Please remember a cast iron bath weighs approx 200kg. The driver will not bring the bath into your home.
- Disposal of packing materials is your responsibility.
- If you are not in for an arranged delivery, ie a next day delivery where the day of delivery has been confirmed between us at the point of order, you will incur a redelivery charge of £70.
- If you change the delivery address once the goods have been dispatched to you, we reserve the right to pass on any extra charges made by our carriers for redirecting your delivery.
- Please check the goods on delivery – any goods found to be missing or damaged should be notified to the delivery driver at the time of delivery and to ourselves within 14 days.
- If the goods are lost or damaged in transit, please let us know promptly.
- Deliveries are made to a ground floor entrance only and on the condition that there is reasonable access for the safe and prompt delivery of the goods. You should tell us about any special delivery requirements or conditions when you place your order.
- Sometimes, for reasons beyond our control we may be prevented from delivering your goods as planned. These might include things such as accidents, breakdowns, fire, flood, storm, severe weather, acts of god, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage or the default of our suppliers. We will try to put things right as soon as possible however we can’t be responsible where this causes a delay or failure in delivering your goods. We strongly advise you not to book a plumber until the goods have been delivered and checked.
5. Cancellations and returns
- This policy does not apply to goods ordered by businesses which are exempt from the Consumer Contracts(Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, or the following goods which are exempt from the right to cancel.
- Any items which have been personalised or modified to your specification, such as baths which have been painted in a colour of your choice as these are not standard stock.
- You can cancel your contract at any time up to 14 working days after the day of delivery. To do this, please e-mail, telephone or write to us. You don’t have to but you may wish to use our cancellation form. Please contact us and we will provide you with one.
- You have a right to cancel this contract without giving any reason. The cancellation period starts when we enter into a contract with you and will end 14 days after you have taken possession of the goods we are supplying to you or the person that you asked us to deliver the goods to has taken possession of them. If your order arrives in more than one delivery the cancellation period ends 14 days after the day on which the last of the goods comes into your physical possession or the physical possession of the person you asked us to deliver the goods to. Goods must not have been installed.
- If you cancel we will refund all monies paid to us by you including any original postage charge within 14 days of the date that we get the goods back or, if earlier, 14 days from the day we receive proof from you that you have sent the goods back.
- We reserve the right to deduct an amount from the reimbursement, or charge you if you have diminished the value of the goods by handling them beyond what is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and function.
- If you cancel you must send the goods back to us within 14 days of your decision to cancel. We strongly suggest goods are returned in their original packaging in order to protect against damage. Any damage caused by inadequate packaging will be deducted from any refund. You must ensure that the crate is securely attached to the pallet for example with rope.
- It is your responsibility to send the goods back to us or hand them to someone that you have authorised to collect them. Goods must be returned to: COUNTRY CAST BATHS LTD. HOME FARM, HUTTON VILLAGE ROAD, GUISBOROUGH, CLEVELAND, TS14 8EL. If you fail to return the goods we will collect them and charge you the direct cost of collection.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights – for example, if goods are faulty or mis described.
6. Faulty Goods
- If there is a problem with the goods, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. It is helpful if you can provide us with a digital photograph of the problem as this normally saves you having to return the goods for inspection. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
- If we need to inspect the goods you must return them to us. Before you send the goods back you need to advise us of the cost and, if after inspection the goods are found to be faulty, not fit for purpose or not as described we will reimburse your return costs.
- If we supply you with a replacement bath, you must ensure that the original bath is made available for us to collect on a mutually agreed date. We advise you to use the crate that the replacement bath has been delivered in to avoid any damage.
- All products are manufactured within tolerances of +/- 5mm.
7. Caring For your Bath
- Cast iron baths should be cleaned with cleaner bearing the stamp of the Vitreous Enamel Association such as ‘Astonish’. Never use abrasive cleaners. We recommend that you clean you bath after each use.
- The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside the UK.
- If either you or we are in breach of the arrangements under this Agreement, neither of us will be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the breach.
- We do not accept any liability whatsoever for damage or loss arising in our opinion from incorrect or faulty installation, servicing, misuse. neglect, abnormal conditions of working or failure to store in proper conditions.
9. Trade or Business Customers
The following conditions apply to orders placed by Trade or Business Customers.
- Orders may not be cancelled except with our mutual agreement and having been confirmed in writing by a Director of our company. We reserve the right to make cancellation and/or re-stocking charges.
- Claims for missing or damaged items must be made within 2 days of delivery.